Dental bridges are used to fill the gap when one or more teeth are missing. A dental crown is placed on each tooth adjacent to the gap and a false tooth is “welded” between the two. For example, if one tooth was missing, a dental bridge replacing three teeth would be made. If two teeth were missing, the bridge would be four teeth long. Utilizing our CEREC dental restoration machine most bridges can be completed while you wait in one appointment.
Pros of a Dental Bridge
- Quick – Completed in one visit
- Long track record of success
- High degree of comfort
Cons of a Dental Bridge
- Healthy tooth material must be cut away from the adjacent teeth that will support the dental bridge
- Because the dental bridge is not anchored into bone, the bone supporting the dental bridge may weaken
- Gum tissue around the dental bridge may recede over time
- Bridges place additional pressure and stress on the adjacent teeth that support it and may put them at increased risk for future problems
Is a Dental Bridge Right For Your Teeth?
Don Larson dentistry in Eagle provides an honest and expert dental evaluation for suits your budgets and dental health needs. Contact Don Larson, DMD in Eagle, Idaho, for a dental exam today.